How do I top up water on Vaillant VCW 242E please??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here and as the name suggests......!

Im about to turn my central heating back on and have an old Vaillant VCW 242E boiler.

I think I need to top up the water as the white hand on 'Bar' dial is flat down at the bottom while the red hand is on 1. Question is how do I do this as I have no instruction manuals and ex-hubby used to deal with it!

Any help appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Ah thanks Kev thats brilliant, I couldnt see for looking!

Will give it a try and will email you my address (email) for book which will be really helpful if I get anymore problems! cheers

My wife and i have recently moved into our first home, the boiler is playing up & i desperatly need to find a manual for it

we keep runnign out of hot water, i have manually filled it up so the pressure is above the red arrow, left it for a while then went back to check it *white arrow) and its dropped again.

My wife is to be induced tommorrow to bring on labour so we will be bringing back our new born baby girl to our home sin the next few days :D

Please can someone help us & send a copy of the manual, the boiler i believe is the same as the title of this post.

Sponsored Links
Er... whats the point in adding a copy of an earlier post to a two year old thread?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back