How do I wire a wireless stat to a worcestor 24i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi How do I wire a Danfoss TP5000-RF Si+RX1 to a worcestor 24 i combi boiler,Iv pulled the old timer out and its got three wires on it a black a blue and a red( see pic) iv tried looking on a previos thread about another worcestor boiler and I didnt understand,in plain english please
mny thx
Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi How do I wire a Danfoss TP5000-RF Si+RX1 to a worcestor 24 i combi boiler,Iv pulled the old timer out and its got three wires on it a black a blue and a red( see pic)
You can't use the same connections for the Danfoss stat; it has to be connected to the boiler's Ns, Ls and Lr terminals. Connect as follows

RX - Boiler
L --- Ls
N --- Ns
2 --- Link to L at RX
3 --- Lr

You can either unplug the existing clock or set it to be permanently on.

RX - Boiler
L --- Ls
N --- Ns
2 --- Link to L at RX
3 --- Lr

Hi,Im still not 100% sorry,so is the L (live) = black on my pics terminal 3,,,N (neutral)red number 1 on the pics
number 2 on the rx unit is bridged to black wire term number 3
then im confused,I think im with it upto there anyway but what is Lr,the only reason im thinking live is 3 and n is one is you can see it on the pic when you zoom in on it,but I cant see anything like Lr,have i got it right with the 1st bit as Ls,Ns means nothing to me,thx
regards
Dave

Im still not 100% sorry,so is the L (live) = black on my pics terminal 3,,,N (neutral)red number 1 on the pics
number 2 on the rx unit is bridged to black wire term number 3 then im confused,I think im with it upto there
Sorry, but are not with it. :( Please re-read my earlier reply, particularly the bit now in red.

I cant see anything like Lr,have i got it right with the 1st bit as Ls,Ns means nothing to me,
Lr, Ls and Nr are on a completely different terminal block. Follow the power lead into the boiler and you will find it.

Sponsored Links
Hi,thanks for ur speedy reply and sorry for the delay in the return post,I have dug a little deaper into the boiler and removed the metal cover and the plastic screw on cover over some electrical connections and I think this is the bit im looking for see pic two on the new pics,so if i run some wire long enough to mount the rx1 to the wall and then tag into the connections show in pic (fingers crossed iv got it right now)all should be ok,did you say I would have to leave the manual timer on constant,what will this do,im sorry for sounding such a nummy but just wanted to be 100% before I started job as not to break anything,
many thanks
regards
Dave

removed the metal cover and the plastic screw on cover over some electrical connections and I think this is the bit im looking for see pic two on the new pics,so if i run some wire long enough to mount the rx1 to the wall and then tag into the connections show in pic (fingers crossed iv got it right now)all should be ok,
You can see the terminals Ls, Ns and LR in the picture on the left. Connect the receiver to them with a 3 core heat resistant cable. You should not use the green/yellow earth wire as one of the wires, so you may have to buy 3-core plus earth.

I forgot to mention that you must remove the link between Ls and LR.

did you say I would have to leave the manual timer on constant,what will this do?
Yes, you must either unplug the manual timer or set it to constant. The Danfoss is a programmable thermostat, so it will control times and temperatures. If the clock is still running you will get the clock and Danfoss conflicting. You only need one timer, the Danfoss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back