How do you adjust the lock plate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

A friend has a sliding aluminium double glazed door on her porch. The looks are the types that hook up into the female lock plate. At the moment she has to apply pressure to the door in the direction that the door locks. I suspect that if I can lift the plate by 1mm it will lock more easily but when I take the two screws out there are two rivets that seem to stop the plate from moving.

20200808_073547.jpg

I guess the other option is to file the hook part of the lock, which I did a few years ago and it was fine until someone recently took the door off the sliding channel and then put it back.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I suspect the door is not square to the frame, close it till there is a tiny gap between door and frame then see if the gap is perfectly equal top and bottom.
a screwdriver (usually a long posidrive) under either end of the door will adjust the rollers up or down. Getting someone to try and slightly lift the door weight off the rollers makes them easier to adjust.

I suspect the door is not square to the frame, close it till there is a tiny gap between door and frame then see if the gap is perfectly equal top and bottom.
a screwdriver (usually a long posidrive) under either end of the door will adjust the rollers up or down. Getting someone to try and slightly lift the door weight off the rollers makes them easier to adjust.

Thanks.

There are two screwcap covers at either end of the door. I did remove both from one side but I suspect that my screwdriver wasn't long enough to reach the rollers. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks

Try a torch you may be able to see it if you can get your head low enough, usually do need a long screwdriver to reach them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Footprints. I managed to get it level but would still like to raise it by 2mm (both sides). I used a 30cm pozi screwdriver. Because of the size of the handle, the only way I could engage with the left hand roller was to wedge the door up slightly. The other side, the closing side is set back further. I suspect that I need to use a long drill/screwdriver pozi bit and socket set to let the bit run parallel with the roller guide rail.

The lock now works though, so many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back