How do you fill in cavity gap around window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need some help, so bought an ex housing association house, this is our first home so didn't know much but wanted to do a bit of work ourselves, All of our windows have horrible UPVC boards around the whole window, they look ugly as well as some being broken so plan was always to remove them, have one board at the bottom only and to paint up to the window.
Currently doing the nursery first while its empty, I have pulled one of the side boards off and what i have found is what you can see in the photo. It seems instead of closing them off the HA just chucked these boards on to hide the cavity gap.

Whats the best option to close these off? I want to be able to paint up to the window to have a neat finish.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Cavity closers.
ae235

https://www.screwfix.com/p/ybs-easi...ser-50-100mm-x-2-4m-grey-orange-10-pack/7315v

can i put those in after the window is already in, it seems to suggest it needs to go in before the window.

Sponsored Links
You might still be able to fit them, or ring the council and ask them to come and finish the job properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back