How do you hold and cut up branches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big difficulty I have when tackling an overgrown garden is getting rid of the branches from trees, shrubs. I need to cut the branches into manageable pieces quickly to take away to the Recycling Centre.

There appears to be no useful workbench for the task. Workmates are slow and unstable.

Any ideas on how to clamp and cut branches quickly?

Austen

Sponsored Links
I use a workmate I don't have any problems.
Depends on branch size, leave the jaws open slightly, you don't need to grip it tight.

Sponsored Links
use lopers and cut them on the tree or if they are bigger branches and youre not chainsaw savvy then buy a big bow saw and do the same.

use lopers and cut them on the tree or if they are bigger branches and youre not chainsaw savvy then buy a big bow saw and do the same.

Works for me. And if you know someone with a wood stove, they might do it for you for free. Just keep an eye on them, or your garden will be empty. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back