how do you wire in x2 extractor fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an extractor fan that is wired in to work when the lights comes on, standard, i want to wire another one in with it?

is this easy to do??!

thanks

Sponsored Links
i have an extractor fan that is wired in to work when the lights comes on, standard, i want to wire another one in with it?
is this easy to do??!
thanks
It will depend on what type of fan you have timed or standard and what type you intend to add to it. But in either case there are at least two options
Assuming you have a standard (no timer overun) and wish to add another similar fan then you could run T&E 1mm from the first fan's L/N and Earth to the second fan in parallel fashion.
Alternatively you could run a new cable from the ceiling rose or wherever the first fan gets its switch live from and connect to the SL, N and Earth before running it to the new fan.
For timer versions you will need three core and earth.
If you have one timer and one standard fan then the ceiling rose connection would probably be the best option since you would need to run a permanent live and switch live (N/E) to the timer fan but only switch live (N/E) to the standard fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back