How easy is it to install a Nest Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just moved house, and have found that the new place has a more traditional thermostat than my previous Hive setup.

I'm aiming to replace the existing Potterton Mini Minder E and British Gas RS1 for a Google Nest Thermostat. The house has underfloor heating next to the RS1, but I'm guessing that its just a room thermostat. There is a sperate control for the flooring. (Also doesn't seem to do anything!)

I'm in the 'plan and investigate' phase of thinking about this. Casting the question out there, is this a complex job? I'm researching if I'd have to remove both of the old parts, I suspect I would, to get the Nest in and working.

The Potterton would be replaced by the Nest Heat link, and the RS1 by the Nest Thermostat.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best approach here?

Thanks!

PXL_20201022_125009692.MP.jpg
PXL_20201022_125023042.MP.jpg

Sponsored Links
I suppose it depends on your diy skills and whether you can dead test electrics?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back