How far do Soil Pipes have to be from Windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking horizontally rather then "above clearance"

Sponsored Links
The pipe can be as close as you like its the open vent that matters; an open vent must be at least 900mm above any opening if the pipe is within 3m to the side of the opening.

If you’ve a problem, an external AAAV may solveit, depending on your foul drain system.

yeah thats what i meant the opening... 3 meters,, that rules out my plan. Iv got a soil pipe that looks like its going to have to come up the side of a dormer window and look a bit naff i was looking to see if i could move it around the corner and not go as far but its within 3 mt

yeah thats what i meant the opening... 3 meters,, that rules out my plan. Iv got a soil pipe that looks like its going to have to come up the side of a dormer window and look a bit naff i was looking to see if i could move it around the corner and not go as far but its within 3 mt

I think you have misunderstood Rich's post.

The pipe does not need to be 3m away. It can run directly adjacent to the window, or as near to the window as is practical.

What the reg's state is that if the pipes' proximity to the window is within three meters then that pipe needs to finish at least 900mm above that window. If it is greater than 3m then it can terminate lower.

Sponsored Links

I think you have misunderstood Rich's post.

The pipe does not need to be 3m away. It can run directly adjacent to the window, or as near to the window as is practical.

What the reg's state is that if the pipes' proximity to the window is within three meters then that pipe needs to finish at least 900mm above that window. If it is greater than 3m then it can terminate lower.
Yea nose that's what I thought I meant :LOL:

nah i understood, its within 3mts but wont be higher due to the incline of the house roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back