Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Im looking for advice regarding my soil pipe layout

Basically Im plumbing up two upstairs bathrooms and a downstairs one on a new extension and would appreciate a bit of clarification on a few points
Ive spent the afternoon digging a trench for one of the upstairs bathrooms only to realise some services(water/heating pipes in insulated 10 inch conduit) run where the soil pipe needs to be, theres 10 inches clearance above the services

My thoughts are to backfill the trench up to the services then use a couple of 45s to drop back to chamber level, if I do this am I right in thinking the soil pipe will need bedding on pea gravel and then covering with concrete after inspection , clearance above pipe will be approx 5-6 inches

other option is to run the soil pipe horizontally 8 metres across the back of the house (probably easier/cheaper)

If I do run the soil pipe across the back of the house its on the same horizontal plane as the other one and theyll meet the stack at the same point can I use a double branch socket (regs say no opposing branches??) many thank for in anticipation, Francis

Sponsored Links
Are your three posted questions ref. the same difficulties? Pics always help.

some services(water/heating pipes in insulated 10 inch conduit) run where the soil pipe needs to be,
Go under the existing services....?
A 45 degree swan neck dropper will not satisfy regs as it is not roddable unless it is done inside the chamber and is done correctly i.e. with a 90 degree branch (for access) and a directional bend at the bottom to send the waste in the direction of the flow.

other option is to run the soil pipe horizontally 8 metres across the back of the house (probably easier/cheaper)

If I do run the soil pipe across the back of the house its on the same horizontal plane as the other one and theyll meet the stack at the same point can I use a double branch socket (regs say no opposing branches??) many thank for in anticipation, Francis
This bit is really confusing? :confused:
If an SVP and drain already exists why are you not utilising it?

Sponsored Links
some services(water/heating pipes in insulated 10 inch conduit) run where the soil pipe needs to be,
Go under the existing services....?
A 45 degree swan neck dropper will not satisfy regs as it is not roddable unless it is done inside the chamber and is done correctly i.e. with a 90 degree branch (for access) and a directional bend at the bottom to send the waste in the direction of the flow.

This bit is really confusing? :confused:
If an SVP and drain already exists why are you not utilising it?

thanks noseall pipe cant go under services as itll then be about 8 inches lower than the septic tank inlet

No there is no existing drain all 3 bathrooms and pipework are new I just thought to get around the above problem Id run the above soil pipe horizontally 8M across the wall to meet a new stack which will service downstairs instead of giving it its own stack and underground pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back