vent/durgo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another q, advice please

Two upstairs soil pipes exit external walls and run horizontally to meet main stack for downstairs bathroom

1) Can they both exit with 90 bends and go horizontally to vented stack

2) Or will they need vents, I could if ok/needed fit external durgos as the 3m and 0.9m regs and windows cause issues as ive overhanging eaves

thanks again Francis

Sponsored Links
Two upstairs soil pipes exit external walls and run horizontally to meet main stack for downstairs bathroom
I presume these two pipes are carrying waste?

Yes. The bends aren't quite 90 degrees (just under) but they will be ok.

2) Or will they need vents
Why would they need vents if they are going into a vented stack?

I could if ok/needed fit external durgos as the 3m and 0.9m regs and windows cause issues as ive overhanging eaves
Not sure what you are on about here. As long as the existing stack is vented at the correct height i.e. 900mm above any openable windows etc, then you will be ok. It is not clear why you are referring to AAV's :confused: If a soffit overhang interrupts the stack then you either swan neck around it or you go through it via a lead slate.

Sponsored Links
I presume these two pipes are carrying waste?

Yes. The bends aren't quite 90 degrees (just under) but they will be ok.

2) Or will they need vents
Why would they need vents if they are going into a vented stack?

I could if ok/needed fit external durgos as the 3m and 0.9m regs and windows cause issues as ive overhanging eaves
Not sure what you are on about here. As long as the existing stack is vented at the correct height i.e. 900mm above any openable windows etc, then you will be ok. It is not clear why you are referring to AAV's :confused: If a soffit overhang interrupts the stack then you either swan neck around it or you go through it via a lead slate.

Hi Noseall thanks again yes both soil pipes 110mm I just thought if they were unvented then there could be a possibility of a slug of water/waste along the horizontal run causing the traps to suck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back