How long before tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've put a thin (approx 2mm) coat of plaster on the walls in an en-suite shower room over the weekend. This morning the plaster appears to be dry, no "dark" patches. Typically how long do you guys leave a freshly plastered wall prior to tiling to ensure good adhesion?

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Should be 4 weeks however due to the thin coat 2 should be ok. It is not just about the drying it is also the increase in bond strength of the plaster over time.

Ty

Ah.
So the guys who skimmed my bathroom on Tuesday and tiled on Wednesday were a bit quick then? That was a couple of years ago and nothing has fallen off - yet.

tylerb said:
Should be 4 weeks however due to the thin coat 2 should be ok. It is not just about the drying it is also the increase in bond strength of the plaster over time.

Ty

Thanks Ty,

I used Unibond PVA in 5:1 Water/PVA as a sealer first and then a 3:1 PVA/water and plastered whilst this was still tacky so hopefully bond strength will be good.

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back