how many bends to the new wc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the following question:
What is the maximum length and number of turns for a waste pipe from a new wc pan to a position where existing one is? the existing close coupled pan has what i believe to be an 's' trap (straight down and then through the slab followed by a 90deg turn to the soil stack). the new location will be on a different wall, with a wall hung wc pan - this will have to be horizontal outlet with the waste pipe having to make four turns to be able to connect it with the old outlet (matching sizes might also become a problem).
thanks for any advice in advance.
d

Sponsored Links
AN even gradient/fall is important. 1 in 40 is the standard. Bends should be as slow as poss, not the sharp knuckle variety unless heading downwards. Can you make it join the stack higher to avoid a few bends? There are runner sleeves with st steel jubilee type clips each end which will accommodate differences in dia.

thanks for this Chris.
I don't really have access to the stack - only the vertical waste outlet that goes directly into the flat below. this means i have to go 1.right 2.right again and 3. down (into the hole that the current pan connects to).
does this make any difference?
thanks
d

Sponsored Links
That would be wise. That number of bends shouldn't be a problem at all.

many thanks for all your help - that pretty much resolves my doubts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back