Geberit WC Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...Installed with a Utopia Wall mounted WC.

WC drains pretty slowly, bowl fills up half way then drains. The distance from soil stack to Pan is about 1500mm, pipe is straight but has a slight offset in it created by a flexible pan connector then straight onto the WC frame elbow.

It's really nothing out of the ordinary in terms of the installation, I have done further runs, runs with more 45's + 90's in but this one has a problem. The horizontal pipe is brand new, so its the stack branch.

One thing I do notice with these WC frames is that the Elbow they supply and the extention piece that takes it to the pan spigot are in pretty small pipe work.

Sponsored Links
sure its vented ok and no blockages further down the run ?

It has a brand spanking new vent pipe funnily enough as i had to cut the old one out to re do the branch, only a 84mm? vent the old Osma 3" stuff anyway.

I'm 95% sure the Vertical stack is clear, unless of course i left a rubble sack in the pipe which i'm 99% sure i would've checked :p

I swear it's these pathetic small soil fittings that come with the frame. I have a Grohe frame in my own house which goes straight into the ground and still the Wc fills up slightly before the water level drops.

the one with the geberit fills up about halfway, it's killing me as it's all tiled now. I might have to remove pan, toss away the silly tiny waste fitting and get 4" pipe with a flexy pan con straight to the Spigot. Grrrrr

I can't rule out bad WC Pan design either, you never know what imbecile has designed your products these days. I might remove pan and test outside with a bucket just to rule that out. Goddamit

Edit: Yes, the Stack picks up a Cloakroom WC below bathroom, that drains pretty well.

Used the frames a few times but bin the plastic soil bits that come with it as don't trust them as I feel they are too small. Put a 4" flexi onto 4" soil back to branch.
But there could be an underlying prob with the drain.

Sponsored Links
I'm going back there tomorrow and that's what i think i will do, it kind of defeats the object of having a frame if i'm honest, they are so simple to fit when the soil fittings are clamped in, I'll try to get a mirror down the hole too to see if my 4" pipe is def clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back