How many footings do i need?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all. I'm in the process of tearing down part of my building that was not on a slab, I'm not looking to spend a fortune to pour a new slab so my plan is to just pour footings and put a floor on them. My question is how many footings will I need under the floor? About all I definitely know is I need footings around the diameter of the new addition which is ruffly 8×14. Should I have footings every 24 inches, 12 inches, or just pour a footing down the middle? Also another idea I thought... whould it be cheaper/ better to use pre fab concrete joist holder's under the floor vs footings? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Matthew3535, good evening [my time]

You may not realise it but? you have posted your question on a site based and serving [mostly] a UK audience of actually quite a lot of contributors.

OK, I digress, the problem anyone over here has is that [most] contributors in the UK do not have a clue about the "Codes" applying in your country?

Sorry no definitive answer, reason for that is that I am more than willing to admit I do not know what building practices are in the USA.

Ken.

Thanks, I had no idea it was foreign forums . I'll try another forum in US. Good Day

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back