How many rads can 30kw combi feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im going to do most of the plumbing in a brand new house, ill be getting a combi for the dhw and one of the showers and as advised on another thread, using a hot water cylinder with programmer to feed the bathroom inc other shower.

Im wondering if a 30kw combi will feed approx 13 rads ok? the house is 10.5m long and the boiler will be in the kitchen so the max distance to the other end of the house will be around 8m so is that too far for running pipework?

i assume ill need to run a 22mm feed from the boiler to the downstairs rads and tee off that feed to run the upstairs rads and obv similar for the return. Is it hard to balance this kind of system when its done as ive never one it before

thanks for any help

ps maybe i could get away with 12 or maybe 11 rads - i might be over egging it a bit to make sure theres no cold spots but as its brand new and fully insulated etc i might only need to use 1 in the kitchen instead of splitting the BTU's into 2 rads seeing as its a big kitchen

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you will never need 24KW for your heating

thanks, atm im just trying to work out if its even worth bothering getting a combi and not just a system boiler instead. But this is all news to me and i dont know if i should go for vented or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back