How many students per shower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Looking thru some plans at work, was wondering how to spec the amount of showers required in a boarding house ? 50 students, 20 showers, 5 showers in 4 blocks. Is it as simple as 2.5 students per shower, or are there specific regs on this ??

Sponsored Links
Building controll should be the ones to keep you right. a plan such as this on a large scale would probably need some kind o permission with fire regs etc . With past experience with students better off installing a bar rather than a shower block

Are you getting paid to design a system

Look at Rada, range blenders and knock on buttons, save gallons of water compared to a bar

not getting paid, no. I am part of a maintenance crew at a large boarding college, and a new boarding block is being built. Having access to the plans got me thinking, thats all :) I know there is a spec, just wondered what it was. And its idividual cubicles (pods), not a large TMV with timed valves as would be in a sports centre or such.

Sponsored Links
I would still treat is as one with knock on buttons

28mm flow 15mm return common blender and a 15mm pipe to each button

DIA, I have no say on the type of shower that will be used ( for reference they will be Rodin exposed, in each shower ), nearly every shower on site is either Rodin or Mira exposed. ( More money than sense :) ) I know how I would run them, but thats for the big boys to decide ! I just repair, replace or service them, make good all the leaks, and undertake the smaller projects ( oil boiler installs and bathroom / kitchen refits )

I thought you said STUDENTS, one should do it :LOL:

it as simple as 2.5 students per shower
When I was a student we could get about 5 of us per shower. Wears the soap?

Hi
Looking thru some plans at work, was wondering how to spec the amount of showers required in a boarding house ? 50 students, 20 showers, 5 showers in 4 blocks. Is it as simple as 2.5 students per shower, or are there specific regs on this ??

I would be surprised if there are normally more than two students showering together.

What I can be sure is that there will never be 0.5 of a student in the shower.

Tony

Hi

I would be surprised if there are normally more than two students showering together.

What I can be sure is that there will never be 0.5 of a student in the shower.

Tony

Have you not seen minime ;) :LOL:

I knew I was opening up a whole stack of funnies from the resident comedians :D :D

So the simple answer is that no one knows.................. and there's me thinking this site was the motherlode of invaluable info........... :(

They are Crockett

But mention students and showers and the shiny tops start to overheat :LOL:

Very true !! :LOL:

The problem with having an inquisitive mind, I guess........... next time I won't look at plans and think, " mmmm, I wonder why they......." :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back