How much does it cost to get a boiler replaced?

Good price Marsaday ;)

Is the loft boarded and laddered and lit ?

Gas Man, I am yet to attend to a loft mounted boiler that is laddered, boarded and lit but it does keep those nasty guys from BG away :D

Sponsored Links
Try getting a quote from the Gas board, and then complain about installers rates...
Just had BG in today quote for replacement boiler like for like,£3,322
for a Potterton pro sl15 plus power flush and sundry's

Ok, here goes. Finally had a guy (corgi certified) come in and give me a quote on replacing the boiler. £1500 to install a Worcester 30CDi. He said he can do the boiler for £950. I've managed to source a bolier for £771 inc VAT) from the internet.

I've suggest if I can get the boiler, then he can fit it which he has quoted for £400 plus VAT.

So doing it my way would save me £250.

I've got another plumber coming tomorrow so I'll post his price.

Ok, here goes. Finally had a guy (corgi certified) come in and give me a quote on replacing the boiler. £1500 to install a Worcester 30CDi. He said he can do the boiler for £950. I've managed to source a bolier for £771 inc VAT) from the internet.

I've suggest if I can get the boiler, then he can fit it which he has quoted for £400 plus VAT.

Not with the flue for that price sonny!!

Sponsored Links
First Posted: 02 Apr 2008 07:25

Now its the 3rd of June ?

Now thats what I call a time wasting.

Hope he realises prices are increasing rapidly.

And OP have cheek to call installers slow.

Are you calling me a time waster gremlin? My existing boiler had somewhat worked since April but last weekend it decided to stop altogether.

Basically, the matter has come to a head now and needs to be replaced. I can live with no heating at the moment but need hot water. I've been using the built in immersion heater on the water tank which has helped but for how long.

The boiler will be replaced but just need to get a good price. With the current financial implications on everything you buy these days, you just need to be sure you're buying the right thing.

Sounds to me like you actually mean you want to get it cheap. Fine, go for it. Cheap installations keep repairers good and busy.

Not a job Id like to quote. (Although I bet you live on my road)

Sourcing your own boiler is all good but it if don't work out the box i wouldn't give a rats backside - try telling some internet company that the boiler is broke. Sometimes a little extra for a boiler helps with the relationship the installer has with a merchant/rep.

Funnily enough I've just priced this boiler from my supplier at £755 + vat for the boiler and £46 +vat for (standard) flue:total £941.

Total job price including all of the usual ,five year g'tee, four year WB servicing ,magnaclean filter ,powerflush etc etc is £2700. I'm changing a Baxi solo 2 PF ,BTW.

Incidently,I advised a customer to buy a boiler on-line last year cause she was saving over £500 by buying it herself that way and the boiler went toes up within weeks however it was covered under warranty by the manufacturer and she had absolutely no problems getting it sorted.

PS,any chance of a link to the boiler supplier at £771?

Found this. Looks as though the OP is looking at the wrong CDi :?:

http://www.vhsdirect.co.uk/site/department.cfm?id=26C86D18-EA7A-4CCD-8336592CA209032D

Sorry,it's me who hasn't read the thread properly :oops:

Why not DIY? That way you'll save the £400 labour as well. You could also try asking Worcester for a list of their OEM suppliers to find out if assembling the boiler yourself might save even more.

Yes. It would cost one million pounds, plus £2.50 for the registration.
Oh? So are you now corgi registered? :confused:
No. I never have been and I never will be.

However, I provide boiler installations, and other gas work, by subcontracting. It's not rocket science.

Does that answer your question? Or were you just trolling?

Depends on the following

Type and make of Boiler you want
Does the flue require a diverter kit/extension
Does the gas pipe need upsizing
Are they going to do a power flush
and the standard rate also depends on the area you live in

The cheapest I found was from here: http://www.boilers2go.co.uk/product/WORCS_GREENSTAR_30CDI_CONVENTIONAL_NG

I had another plumber give me a quote of £2,000. He was telling me I had to replace the timer (currently a digital type), repipe the gas feed to 22mm, remove the header tank and some other work! Seemed like a real cowboy and wouldn’t even leave me a quote!

Got British Gas in next week so after that I’d make my decision about which way to go.

The cheapest I found was from here: http://www.boilers2go.co.uk/product/WORCS_GREENSTAR_30CDI_CONVENTIONAL_NG

I had another plumber give me a quote of £2,000. He was telling me I had to replace the timer (currently a digital type), repipe the gas feed to 22mm, remove the header tank and some other work! Seemed like a real cowboy and wouldn’t even leave me a quote!

Got British Gas in next week so after that I’d make my decision about which way to go.

What you appear to have missed though is that they're charging well over the odds for the flue kit. Never mind you could always buy the boiler, then the flue elsewhere. Of course you'll save more money if you don't buy the flue at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back