How much inhibitor?

4 weeks is considered optimal. After that it begins to lose its power and the particles start to settle again.

Sponsored Links
Sentinel are recommending any system is treated with x100 once a year!!!
Where did you read that? Link please.
That is what Sentinel told us when we complained about the poor performance of their product. If fact they were quite rude, as if to say we're the experts, how dare you question our product!!
I can't find anything on the Sentinel website to back this up. :confused:

No funny that, but I bet you've got their 'x100' test kit!!
It's a con, test a system every year, top it up every year. Snake Oil!!

Sentinel's Product Facts say , "no limit to the time product [X 400] can be safely left in the system".

Sponsored Links
Well I've finally got round to fitting the magnaclean and chucked in a litre of sentinel X400 today. I flooded the pump with water and took out my RCD in the process, but everything is back up and running now thank god!

Will let you know how much crap I get out the system.

Another birdie not using sentinel inhibitor. We dose and test on install as as dickie can guarantee that upon testing at the 12month point there's no trace of it left!!! As for reading what's on the manufacturers website....there's no substitute for actually using it and testing it daily.

Fernox MB1 or F1 any day.

Another birdie not using sentinel inhibitor. We dose and test on install as as dickie can guarantee that upon testing at the 12month point there's no trace of it left!!! As for reading what's on the manufacturers website....there's no substitute for actually using it and testing it daily.

Fernox MB1 or F1 any day.

An alarming number of systems that have been treated with X100 & a year later there's no trace??!!! It's a con!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back