how much is mapei keraflex 20kg grey adhesive a bag ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been charged £240 for 12 bags of mapei grey keraflex s1 adhesive from my tiler for 30 metres of tiling + some dips of up to 10mm to level up to....started off with 6 bags then needed another 6 he said..he did show me the 10mm dip..how much coverage does 1 x 20kg bag cover just seems dear for 30 metres of tiling.. :eek: he only uses this he says..which if its as good as what he says it is & that hes never had a tile come loose using it maybe its worth paying for top quality addy it just seems really expensive thats all + how much would grey bal grout cost to do the grouting cheers

Sponsored Links
Not sure I’m up with the math here, he used 12 bags of addy for 30 sq/m of tiles? you need 100% coverage under floor tiles but even accounting for filling dips, that’s pretty heavy going. One bag should do around 5 sq/m unless you’ve got some pretty horrific dips & then you would do better with an SLC first. However £240 for 12 x 20kg bags of Keraflex AND BAL grout (which one) for 30 sq/m seems pretty OK to me if that’s what he actually used, did you count the empty bags?

You should be aware that Mapei Buildfix from the sheds, isn’t the same as Mapei trade products! ;)

richard he had to bring the floor up to level from 1 part of the kitchen and carry it on through into the dining room feathering in from 10mm height ..he did show me this tbh..i didnt count the bags as kept out of the tilers way..not sure if the rubbish is out the back or they took it ? got to either question him or take is word 4 it...said he only uses quality gear..although think hes made on me on the addy... i like to get the mats normally as i have done for all other trades on my project! + it wasnt buildfix frm sheds it was mapei keraflex s1 grey 20kg bags..but trusted him to get them for me..+ think his meterage is over quoted for a rectangular room(1 part of the kitchen diner) with french door recess,chimney breast to tile around...lets say 1 area is for example 2.75m in width x 7m long + a recess(french doors) to tile into + a chimney breast to tile around in this area how many meters should i pay for ? ie do tilers still charge for the chimney breast area because they have to tile around it thus cuts etc ? other area is 2x1metres + 2 cupboards to tile into..one is approx 1.2 m the other is 1 metre although their are cuts going into the cupboards...cheers again

the rectangular room measures 2.75m x 7 metres in the main area = 19.25 metres...followed by the return leg of the which measures 2.75m x 1.75m = 3.85metres totalling 23.1 metres
+ 1 cupboard of 1 metre square
+ 1 cupboard of 1.2 metre square
total area 23.1 metres + 2.2 metres = 25.3metres
seen as ive been charged for tiling right under the kitchen plinths butt up to the wall (my choice) surely it works the other way when the chimney breast to be tiled around included in the area measuring 2.75m x 7m..can be measured and deducted from the meters charged ? or does it not work that way to be fair ? i know you buy 10% more tiles than measured for fair enough but is it normal to get charged 10% more meters by the tiler for cutts etc advice plz before i question this b4 payment cheers again

Sponsored Links
my matterials are always included in my price so there is no misunderstanding search to get a price for the said adhesive if its more expensive than what you paid your tiler for it whats the problem :)

can anyone tell me how much it is on average a bag then ? + richard im not sure what type of bal grout it was..just noticed a big bag of it thats all cheers again..he did over quote my meterage as well as i pulled him on 29/30 meters ? he backtracked to say it was 25 meters re-adjusting the price

if you was to buy it mate its about £20 per bag whatever the tiler gets it for is his business i am afraid you have not paid over the odds but i feel he has not passed his discount on to you

If the guy has made a bit on the materials then its fair enough in my opinion. He has had to take time (and fuel) to collect them, pay for them in the mean time and as he has supplied them he is gonna be reqponsible should there be a problem.

made a bit on mats :eek: more like 100% as he told me what he gets it for which he shouldnt have really...i always get my own mats 4 all jobs on my project but he didnt give me the chance..did it in a sly way (long story) but trusted him..+ make 10/20% fair enough but 100% greedy bastard :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back