how much it costs to leave small electrical items plugged in ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the calculations are approximate, easily scaleable hence using 10 hrs

1w for 10 hrs a day average over a year at 27p a unit costs £1 [3.7 units]
now plugged in day and night for 24 hours is £2.40 per year per watt
now most modern electrical are 1w or less on standby
an example off what i mean
my 900w output microwave uses 1500w in use but only a fraction off the time
on standby 1.1w so £2.40x1.1 so £2.64 now that includes the clock
but more important if you are lazy and leave the door ajar and light on its a shocking 22w or £52 a year or £1 a week just for the light [and clock] so switched off when not in use
for a comparison my new 24" bush tv[argos own make ] uses around 18w medium to low volume and medium brilliance
in general you can use the rating plate on the machine or the 230v specification voltage for input consumption in the manual or booklet

please add your own thought and comments and corrections to my maths or calculations if it off value to the thread (n)

Sponsored Links
Instead of trying to work out how much my lightbulb costs, I simply went out & earned **** loads of money so I don't have to worry about the little things.

I have much bigger things to worry about. Please stop bothering us with the little things.

Instead of trying to work out how much my lightbulb costs, I simply went out & earned **** loads of money so I don't have to worry about the little things.

I have much bigger things to worry about. Please stop bothering us with the little things.

thank you for you input a very helpful answer, its say a fantastic amount but nothing helpful to this :p;)

Sponsored Links
thank you for you input a very helpful answer, its say a fantastic amount but nothing helpful to this :p;)

Either you are a very poor implementation of an AI MK1 response, or you is already pi$$ed.

If you is already pi$$ed, then you have a lot in common with a known user of very many sock puppets on this site.

Me. I think AI MK1 would do better . . . .

thank you for another interesting answer ---
it say nothing about me but seems to suggest you have a lot off issues :D

Either you are a very poor implementation of an AI MK1 response, or you is already pi$$ed.

If you is already pi$$ed, then you have a lot in common with a known user of very many sock puppets on this site.

Me. I think AI MK1 would do better . . . .

Could someone translate this please?

I don't worry about electricity bills, I just wave my wad to the geezers in the gutter..

download.jpeg-3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back