How Much Paint ??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am pricing up to emulsion a 4-Bed New build property which will require 3-coats to both ceiling and walls.

Can anybody estimate roughly how many litres for walls and litres per ceilling I will need ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this you own house or a job your taking on?
If its a job then god help the peeps who end up with someone who can't even estimate the amount of paint required :rolleyes: Sorrrree but there are good blokes out there being dumped on by wasters.

Is this you own house or a job your taking on?
If its a job then god help the peeps who end up with someone who can't even estimate the ammount of paint required :rolleyes: Sorrrree but there are good blokes out there being dumped on by wasters.
F..............k you then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
:LOL: ive seen some stupid questions on here but this 1 is stupid how the hell can we tell you how much paint you need by you saying its a 4 bedroom house :?:

giving people the size of the rooms might help abit more.

i have just done a 3 bedroom house needed 3 coats on all the walls i used 35litres of magnolia and 20 litres of white.

as people said you should know how much paint to use if you know what your doing in your job. just break the rooms down think this room will take 5 lites on the walls and 2 litres on the ceiling then times each room if all around the same size.

carl

Can anybody estimate roughly how many litres for walls and litres per ceilling I will need ? Thanks

Multiply height by width of each wall, that will give you the sq metre, don't deduct anything for standard size windows or door.

Decide which/who's paint you are going to use and read the label which will tell you its covering power. You should then be able to work out how much you need. Do same for the ceilings.

Coz you made no deduction for doors windows you should have enough if you put it on too thick. You might need to get a bit extra for the ceilings.

If you find that you have two or three tins left over, you spread it toooooo thin, a common error for someone new to DIY. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back