How much to replumb a 3 bed house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother has recently acquired a 3 bed property in South London. It's his first and for his family. Basically everything needs doing - electrics, plastering, plumbing etc. But the main reason for this post is for the plumbing.

All the pipes have been cut and there's no running water. The entire house needs plumbing as he is fitting a new combi boiler.

How much should he be expecting to pay, as he has already been quoted £5k. And if there was anyone willing to take on the job?

Sponsored Links
mywetpants said:
The entire house needs plumbing as he is fitting a new combi boiler.
Then let's hope his family is small and stays that way.

How much should he be expecting to pay, as he has already been quoted £5k.
He should expect to pay, ooh, around £5K, I'd say.

Wassa matter? Does your brother not trust the company that quoted? If he does, then why isn't he using them? If not, then why did he ask them for a quote?

And if there was anyone willing to take on the job?
Surely the person who quoted is willing to do it? :confused:

mywetpants wrote

in South London

Isin't it a war zone in those parts with people going round stabbing and shooting each other ? :( .

Sponsored Links
Expect to pay 5 to 10k depending on type of boiler, type of rads, etc. etc. Get your bro to plan-out exactly what he wants, prepare a specification and then get quotes. Don't necessarily go for the cheapest

Symptoms said:
...prepare a specification and then get quotes.
At the risk of boring those people who've heard me say this before, getting quotes is the polar opposite of having the right to complain about the cost of engaging a tradesperson.

Consider this: for every quotation you get and don't take up, you've wasted the time of that company, and that time has to be paid for by somebody.

The rest writes itself...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back