how much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
me and my mate have just finished installing a bathroon suite at a friends house. the job involved ripping out old suite installing new bath, basin, toilet and shower. the old shower was a gravity fed pumped one with surface mounted piping, we have now sunk the pipework into the partition wall.
also we had to put new waste in for the basin, then tile three of the four walls abt 14 sq metres and also tile the floor abt 10 sq metres.
the job took five days and we charged £1100.
have we charged too cheaply? the reason i ask this is because the neighbours from nxt door popped in and said they would like us to do their bathroom of a similar size.
any ideas fellas as to what is a fair price?

Sponsored Links
I bet the neighbours will have paid more attention to the quality of your work, and your general behaviour, than to the price.

Good tradesmen are hard to find.

hi androulovich,
we charged £1100 for labour and £80 of materials inclusive in price

Sponsored Links
You have charged a daily rate of £100 per man which is not a bad rate round my neck of the woods for a cash job.

Obviously you will have to pay your tax, NI etc out of it :LOL:

Well nabby I think you & your mate are very reasonable - I charge about 270€ (about £170)daily for a full days work on my own which in france is pretty much the going rate. If your workmanship is of good standard I think you could easily charge more, (but never over charge of course).......... but at that price no wonder the neighbours want you in!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back