how old is my baxi bermuda 551 Affect on selling house?

If it works, don't change it, you'll never get your money back.
Contrary to rumour, people do no pay more for a house with a new boiler.
A house sold with a new boiler with say 4 years left on the warrantee will be a definate selling point.
Of course it's a selling point Tony, but nobody will suddenly up the price they are willing to pay by a couple of grand because it has a new steamer in it. House prices are still dropping in 90% of the country and all buyers are looking for is ways to drop the offer; it's very much a buyer's market these days.

Sponsored Links
The housing market is very variable and the price situation is largely dependent on the location and mortgage situation.

Good houses in Hampstead or Edgeware are in short supply and easily sell at a good price.

Ex council flats are selling but only to cash landlords who dont like to pay much.

My flat over the shop is still easy to sell according to the agent at a price I find good even though it would not get a mortgage.

A house I have been watching on a corner plot in NW2 was a three bed semi in apalling condition but still sold at over £500k and the buyer has spent about £110k on extending it back and side ways. I used to live in the other half!

Tony

My flat over the shop is still easy to sell according to the agent at a price I find good even though it would not get a mortgage.
The agent would say that, wouldn't he? I bet the agent said the same thing to next door's owner when he put it on the market last year. It's come down £45,000 despite being completely refurbed, and the for sale sign is still firmly planted.

The only places where property prices are not falling as surely as a brick down a mine-shaft, are around infrastructure developments, and very up-market like Kensington, Chelsea, broker belt and that kind of thing.

Property is vastly above intrinsic value virtually all over the country, mortage conditions tight as ever, economy in dire straights, and more people out of work than ever before.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what that will do for house prices in the forseeable future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back