How responsive is the CM927 to temp change?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how responsive the CM927 is supposed to be.?
My one seems to be incredible sluggish in showing a change.
It seems to take an age to change even when I can feel it getting colder.
As an experiment, I placed it outside on a cold day and it took a long time to show any change.
It is a new unit, and there doesn't appear to be any packaging to be removed but perhaps there is an unseen transit protective membrane or similar to be removed. Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
It will not make any difference.

Part of the design is that it does not change too quickly otherwise it will be constantly changing due to draughts.

It aims to average out the temperature.

I think the is a differential adjustment so you can set it at either 1.0 C or 0.5 C. Obviously the latter would respond faster.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As an experiment, I placed it outside on a cold day and it took a long time to show any change.

I've got one sat here that's not controlling anything, so I just put it in the fridge for you. In 20 minutes it dropped from indicating 21C to 12C.

Having taken it out, it took 3 minutes to go back up 1C to 13C, but in the next 2 minutes (ie, now 5 minutes since coming out of the fridge) it has rocketed up another 2C to 15C.

I'm not sure that actually tells you anything, but you could compare it with the speed yours responded to being put outside.

I think there is a differential adjustment so you can set it at either 1.0 C or 0.5 C.
Some manufacturers provide this, but not on the Honeywell CM9XX stats.

The spec says: 'Temperature control accuracy: ±0.5 K (nominal) @ 20°C, 50% load, 3 K Δ/hour.'

The first part is obvious, but I don't understand what the bit in italics means. :confused:

Well the "K" is obviously the degrees ( Kelvin ) which is the same as centigrade in that application.

The 50% load probably means when the boiler is on for 50% of the time under the control of the stat.

The 3 K Δ /hour, I would guess means that the rate of increase or decrease of the room temperature is no more than 3 degrees per hour. That is of little importance in practice but means the stat will respond differently if the rate of change is faster ( than 0.5 C per 10 minutes ). Thats where the response time of the stat becomes involved.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back