How secure is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to install a heated towel rail in our kitchen, to be fed from the central heating. I want to mount the rail (1200 high x 480 wide) onto a 500 wide wall. This wall is a combination of brick and a plasterboard boxed in section for the water pipes and soil stack from the bathroom above - the brick is one side and the boxed in section is the other (divided vertically). I hope that makes sense!

While I can easily put in mounting screws in the brickwork, one side of the rail will need mounting plates to go into the boxed in section and I'm not sure of the best way of doing this. I'm not sure how close the pipes are to the plasterboard. I'm going to bring the pipes down the surface of the wall and box them in but the good lady doesn't want me to bring the whole wall forward. I was thinking of making a frame to screw to the wall as the base for the box, and then fix the rail to that.

But does anyone have any better ideas please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back