How to access my basin washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

About 2 years ago I fitted these basin taps http://m.wickes.co.uk/Salerno-Basin-Taps/p/160342

But recently the cold has started dripping and has now become a trickle when off. I have looked at the tap and can't find how to access the washer.

I have shut the water off and tried turning the tap fully on to release the top with no joy. And they don't seem to have a visible cap on top.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Unless there are any grub screws located around the "Elegant bevelled chrome finish" handles I would suggest they just pull off.

Or, does the top section unscrew from the rest of the handle?

Might need to try a bit of gel Kilrock on it first if it's seized with limescale.

Hi thanks for the replies.

I cant see any grub screws on the tap, and no sign of the top part of the handle coming away from the rest of it.

I will try with some limescale remover and see how I go, but i'm guessing its just a case of turn tap on fully and pull?

Sponsored Links
They look very similar to the ones I've got in my bathroom,
The section above the 'elegant bevelled chrome finish' unscrews to show a screw keeping the tap head in place, grip said elegant bevelled chrome finish & unscrew the top section by hand rather than using grips that will damage the finish.

They look very similar to the ones I've got in my bathroom,
The section above the 'elegant bevelled chrome finish' unscrews to show a screw keeping the tap head in place, grip said elegant bevelled chrome finish & unscrew the top section by hand rather than using grips that will damage the finish.

That it Bamba, thanks, I have not got issues removing the inner part of the tap, due to limescale build up im guessing. I have this soaking in WD40 at the moment, and will return later to wrestle it free (hopefuly)

Hi, Help help....

I'm having the similar tap too, solerno sink tap, something like this http://www.showerdoc.com/deva-solerno-sink-taps-shower-spares, don't have any idea how to get to the washer too. Thought there's a cap on top of the tap, but couldn't pop or take out the cap on the top of the tap, what should I do? Should I put some WD40 around the cap?

The dripping on both tap is driving me crazy.... :( :(

Any advice?

Thanks!

Liew, start a new post, makes it easier to follow than using an old one.

The link you have added is broken as you've left a comma in. If it's this one though, the clue's in the exploded picture to the right -

http://www.showerdoc.com/deva-solerno-sink-taps-shower-spares[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks. That's why I thought I need to get the Indice tap out to get into the screw. Just couldn't pop or get the indice tap out from the tap. Just wondering is there any way to get the indice out? Should i spray some WD40 around the indice?

Not knowing the specific tap, it's a little difficult to be sure how the indice is fitted to the top of the tap. It almost looks as if it is just pushed on. I'd be tempted to try a wet cloth and a pair of grips and try to twist it up and off to get to the screw below.

It seems to use standard 1/2" BSP spindle screw tap valves, if so it should be using standard 1/2" washers/jumpers, easily source new washers for them I would think. If not then a set of tap revivers will probably do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back