how to adjust torbeck-valve float height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My toilet is quite hard to flush properly. Sometimes I have to press the handle 3-5 times to flash.

I realized that if I put some pressure on the little white float ball (think it is a torbeck-valve) to get bit extra water in, then I always just need to press the handle once and it flash correctly.

Is it I need to adjust the valve's height or maybe this torbeck valve needs replacing? How about I add some extra weight to the float or maybe put some extra washer so the valve can be bit higher?

I attached the image(sorry, it looks really dirty in the tank), but hopefully someone can give me more ideas on how to fix it.

P_20170529_120955.jpg

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
your problem is the green top flush valve .the diaphragm has split.

While you've got the flush valve out, bin it, and replace with a two part syphon, then next time the diaphragm splits, it'll take you less than two minutes to replace it, without having to take the cistern off.

Sponsored Links
As you are going to have to strip the cistern out, I would suggest a Flapper valve to flush the loo and a fluidmaster fill valve ( with metal thread )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back