leaking TORBECK BOTTOM ENTRY ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT BALL VALVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that the water is supposed to come in and go down the plastic tube to fill the cistern but on the TORBECK BOTTOM ENTRY ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT BALL VALVE that is fitted the water is coming out of the little square "window" on the other side from the plastic tube and lots of the water is going over the top of the cistern and running down the wall.

does anyone know if it can it be adjusted or is it broken and need replacing?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you fitted the appropriate flow restrictor which was supplied with the valve? The instructions tell how how to select the correct one.

I have three of these in my house, and they all close with a different sound although the bogs are all the same.

the bridge with the plastic tube clips into place and is retained by the screw-on ring catching the end of it. If it is wrongly fitted or cross-threaded that might be the cause. How long has it been installed and when did it go wrong?

I would turn off the water, unscrew and reassemble carefully. You may as well wash out the diaphragm and filter at the same time as they are very prone to problems if dirt or grit gets in.

Be very careful to put the needle in the white hole on reassembly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back