How to avoid leaving one radiator "open"?

Thanks gasfitter. When told I'd have to have a room stat thought I'd be able to trigger it by moving it into any heated room and have TRVs on all rads.

Sponsored Links
Thanks gasfitter. When told I'd have to have a room stat thought I'd be able to trigger it by moving it into any heated room and have TRVs on all rads.

you probly could if you wanted,its just not really the done thing, but just because its an rf stat does not mean its portable it still gets put on a wall.

it should be at a cetrin hight

what are you planning to do with it.

If the room stat works simply by sensing the temperature where it is located and there is an rf signal to the boiler then I can't understand why it can't be located in any heated room and respond to the temperature in that room.

Sponsored Links
If the room stat works simply by sensing the temperature where it is located and there is an rf signal to the boiler then I can't understand why it can't be located in any heated room and respond to the temperature in that room.

it should be fitted about 1.5 meters off the floor away from sources of heat usually in the hall.

its only wireless for ease of fitting ie ripping up floor boards and tracking walls for cables

Hmmm Actually I quite like the ability to be able to switch the boiler on and off remotely. But ... I still want to be able to control the temperature of all rooms individually and not have an open radiator chugging away where I don't need heat. But what you want and what you can have aren't always the same. Thanks everyone for your input.

I still don't understand why you want to keep your boiler, your piping, and your bypass hot and wasting heat, even on a hot summer day when all the radiators are turned off.

Is gas free in your area?

I`ve got a kettle, the thing is I want to keep the water at boiling point just in case a neighbour might need a brew in an emergency, say 2 o`clock in the morning, the thing is, it has a switch at the back that keeps turning it off once boiled. Do I really need the switch? :D

OP. Fit a weather compensator, fit TRVs to all rads. Complies to Part L and suits your needs of the TRVs in each room. The flow temperature will be optimised to the weather keeping your running costs down (hopefully ;) )

Compensator will turn off heating if weather is warm (mines set to 20C/off)

Bunny

Thanks for helpful suggestions. Looking into weather compensator.

All sorted - where there's a will ...
*TRVs on all rads.
*Worcester - use by-pass (already installed) achieves adequate temperature differential;
*building control happy (see http://www.tehva.org.uk/downloads/PartL_Compliance_Guide.pdf
Domestic Heating Complaince Guide Dec 2008 2nd edition Compliance with Approved Documents L1A: New Dwellings & L1B: Existing Dwellings p16 OF 73 Table 2;
*installer wonderful.

Ideas here for anyone with same requirements:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20826

Understand criticisms but specific needs of inmates - elderly/disabled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back