How to bend a Radiator pipe back?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a slight problem. We had some plastering done recently, so I removed radiators so that the walls were clear, now I have gone to replace them, I notice the Builders have bent one of the copper pipes away from the wall. It is about 3cm out now.
I am a bit nervous about just bending it back incase it cracks etc. This is on the ground floor and the pipe is embedded in concrete beneath.

Do you have any advice on the best way to get the pipe bent back without damaging it?

Thanks

Worz

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the fast response :)

Well, like I said the center of the screw is approx 2-3 cm away from where it needs to be to marry up with the rad pipe.
There is no obvious crease where it is bent, the whole pipe is just no longer where it used to be.

What size pipe are you referring to. How much does it protrude above floor level. Is the bend at the bottom
If it's 10mm pipe it will be soft and easy to push back.

Sponsored Links
Itss 15mm pipe, and the length of the pipe is about 15cm.
There is no bend as such, the whole thing is just away from the wall, I just didnt want to try and push it back if i am likely to crease/snap it.

Hi,

I have a slight problem. We had some plastering done recently, so I removed radiators so that the walls were clear, now I have gone to replace them, I notice the Builders have bent one of the copper pipes away from the wall. It is about 3cm out now.
I am a bit nervous about just bending it back incase it cracks etc. This is on the ground floor and the pipe is embedded in concrete beneath.

Do you have any advice on the best way to get the pipe bent back without damaging it?

Thanks

Worz
It should be embedded in sand/cement screed :idea: that you could chop away carefully round the pipe - so you get more room to ease it back

Thanks for the fast response :)

Well, like I said the center of the screw is approx 2-3 cm away from where it needs to be to marry up with the rad pipe.
There is no obvious crease where it is bent, the whole pipe is just no longer where it used to be.

2 -3 cm on a 15cm run should be fine to just push back in my opinion.
Its probably got this amount of play on it if it has been pushed forward by others without bending or creasing anyway.

There's no way will it snap, biggest danger would be the concrete floor and I would place wood between wall and pipe at the bottom (tightish fit) just to take any pressure off.
If you find it too hard to move by hand, consider making a simple lever.
Ie 2 pieces of 2in by 1in about 12 in long. screw them together, then drill 15mm hole along the joint at suitable distance from one end.
Split them apart, place round pipe and re-securen and use as lever.

Thanks again all.
You have eased my worries. I think I will have a little dig to open the hole a bit. Then gently persuade it back in place.
A job for the weekend I feel.
Cheers
Worz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back