How to best turn off the boiler at night

dilalio,
Would a diary help if I can't really prove any of it? I mean what happens to make the various smells come and go etc?

Also, since I have only been here about 6 months and I signed a year long lease, and I can't remember what you call it but the first year is like a sort of 'probationary' time then after the year is up they determine where or not I can stay there.... would they be able to use that against me if I went to Environmental Health and so forth?

I can’t solve the issue for you... can only advise what “I would do”... you need the relevant authorities to help you uphold your claim!

It sounds from your description that your neighbour below has had a PMK fitted, probably due to similar issues that you’re having, and this is now adding to your woes.

You have certain “rights” to enjoying your home. If it’s HA, they have to consider any issues that may be preventing you from doing just that!

Photos: Better in colder weather when plume from both flue terminals is more visible, but include views from outside looking up.
Diary: note when it’s really bothersome and include time, date, duration, weather conditions - direction of wind etc.
Doctors: if it’s causing you ill health, report it to your GP.
Build some history and then call in the HA or the EA and ask them to assess.

We’ve helped you as much as poss with advice and you should now really have the tools to take this further.

Dean.

Sponsored Links
I can’t solve the issue for you... can only advise what “I would do”... you need the relevant authorities to help you uphold your claim!

It sounds from your description that your neighbour below has had a PMK fitted, probably due to similar issues that you’re having, and this is now adding to your woes.

You have certain “rights” to enjoying your home. If it’s HA, they have to consider any issues that may be preventing you from doing just that!

Photos: Better in colder weather when plume from both flue terminals is more visible, but include views from outside looking up.
Diary: note when it’s really bothersome and include time, date, duration, weather conditions - direction of wind etc.
Doctors: if it’s causing you ill health, report it to your GP.
Build some history and then call in the HA or the EA and ask them to assess.

We’ve helped you as much as poss with advice and you should now really have the tools to take this further.

Dean.

Dean,

Thanks so much I really do appreciate your help and copied and pasted it all on a notepad :)

If you posted some pics of the boiler and the flu the professionals on here may be able to diagnose your problem.

Use your phones camera!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back