How to bleed this new radiator..normal key wont work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Set off to bleed all the radiators today at home and managed all except 1. Its about a year old and iv never bled it before. A local plumber fitted it for me as part of other work.

The bleed valve goes off at aroud 30 degrees at the top right hand side towards the wall. A normal brass radiator key fits into the hole recess but then just spins and has nothing to grip. Theres just a hole in the middle square shaped? So like nothing comes up inside the key for it to turn, it just sits flush to the hole?

Is this a special key i need for this type..or is it that theres no bit of metal been put in the valve to enable the key to grip?

Sorry plumbing knowledge is poor! Thanks anyone..

Sponsored Links
Try the other end of the rad or it could be on the back of the radiator behind a white plastic cap

No it isnt one with a cover over it..

I have a pic of it saved on the computer but can work out how to post it on here? Can only see how to put in a link to a website sorry

Sponsored Links
When typing a reply, under the white box there are 2 links:
Show my images
Upload new images

Click on ‘Upload new images’.
In the new window click on ‘Edit Album’, over to the right of your user name.
Click on ‘Add new images’.

The rest should be plain sailing to upload.
Then go back to the post you were writing, click 'Show my images.
This will display the images in your album. click on the image you require and that's it, job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back