Barlo radiators bleed screw

24 Oct 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a couple of barlo radiators where the bleed screw head has become rounded at the top. The brass rad keys do not seem to get a good grip on the head and causing the head to get more and more rounded. Is there a tool similar to the rad key which has various sizes of the square notch within the key. I've got the replacement bleeder screws from barlo. Just need the right tool/key.
Many Thanks,
Sponsored Links
MOst rad keys are concave on the end, before the square is broached out. I've ground a brass one to the shape it would be if put through a pencil sharpener, so it fits the square right to the lowest/best part of the square.
Only other way forward which I know of which can work on these, apart from tiny Vise-Grips, is a Dremel type slittng disc, to make a slot for a screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links