How to clean plaster off these velux frames without damaging them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had an attic conversion with 6 nice new white velux windows. I think they're wood with white paint.

The plasterer has left the attached mess over them. The company say it's not their job to clean - plasterers don't clean. If I find one that does put them in touch. ‍

They said soap and water will clean it.

Well it's not when using a soft cloth. And if I scrub it with a kitchen scourer some paint is coming off.

I'll end up ruining these new velux. I don't want to paint them they're already perfect.

How best to remove the plaster without damaging them?

Attachments

• 3E58F5DF-3B7A-4A23-B314-AD4D6BE7E5AA.jpeg
    3E58F5DF-3B7A-4A23-B314-AD4D6BE7E5AA.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 5E958FAC-6A19-406A-AF75-4619B9D97CF5.jpeg
    5E958FAC-6A19-406A-AF75-4619B9D97CF5.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Couple of squirts of Washing up liquid in half a bucket of warm water. Using a paint brush dampen the line of plaster and keep itdamp for 20 or 30 minutes then it should wipe off. You may need to use a plastic scraper or an old credit card to remove stubborn bits.

I've used warm water and washing up liquid, soaked it fir a bit, tried cleaning off but doesn't come. Waited a bit still didn't come off.

Sponsored Links
I found a plastic spudger which scrapes it off some but takes time and not perfect. Im going to tell the company the jobs not finished till they clean it, I shouldn't have to do this!

Thanks for tips though.

I found a plastic spudger which scrapes it off some but takes time and not perfect. Im going to tell the company the jobs not finished till they clean it, I shouldn't have to do this!

Thanks for tips though.
Its the only way some people learn! Takes no time while fresh, murder when dry.
Good luck

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Any decent Plasterer would have used masking tape. We just had a load of aluminium light profiles plastered in they were all masked up then sponged off afterwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back