How to deal with cracker plaster ceiling and plaster wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need advise on the best way to tackle crackers on my ceiling and wall. I move into the property three years ago and had the walls and ceiling re-plaster but have now notice crackers appearing on all the ceiling and most of the walls, I recently spent money on getting the bedrooms re-plaster again but the crackers are start to appear again . Am not a building expert and am tired of giving my hard a money to dodge builders.

Sponsored Links
crackers? do you just mean cracks?
what kind of walls and ceiling have you? lath&plast ,board or brick?
i must tell you that a bit of skim and tape is not a long term fix more often than not the ceiling needs to be over boarded or taken down and start again if the cracks are that bad, no one can say with out inspecting or the very least with some pictures what your problems are, did you say to the spread you want a reskim? or did you ask what he can do to fix it? if you said you want it reskimmed chances are thats all hes given you, call another spread in tell him you want it sorted not just a reskim(thats if you got any money left) this might involve taking a lot of blown plaster off the walls reboarding ceilings ect i feel sorry for you you should have got a spread in that should have given you the right advice, some spreads will skim over anything kind of papering over the cracks if you like

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back