How to deep fill an area under a stair winder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a stair winder which is plastered in a haphazard manner underneath, its quite wavey, and I’m trying to neaten it up by shaving bits off and building it up with easifill. There are a couple of deep dips in the corners that could do with being filled out to a depth of up to two inches. Using easifill that deep doesn’t seem a great idea, is there a way I could build the area up with something before applying plaster? I was thinking maybe screwing something up there or maybe fashioning a wedge of expanding foam? The area is a right angled triangle with short sides of 40cm . The area to be filled is roughly the bit in shadow in this photo

Attachments

• 852A5279-F799-4A10-A678-DD1A9E75A88A.jpeg
    852A5279-F799-4A10-A678-DD1A9E75A88A.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
could I just key the area and fill it a couple of inches deep with bonding and then a thinner layer of easifill to get it smooth? or would that be too heavy

scrape the paint back and/or scratch it all with a stanley blade first. then pva before bonding coat

Sponsored Links
yes, build it up. do say an inch and let it go off. goes off pretty quick . then do another coat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back