How to dry out garden room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We had water ingress to the garden room/outbuilding last winter and I’ve finally managed to get the laminate floor up.
The concrete sub floor is damp but not soaking. I have a rented fan as well as a domestic dehumidifier on in the room.

The question is, do I close the windows while the tools above are on, or do I open the windows too? Will that not then make the dehumidifier pointless?

Please advise

Sponsored Links
Need to close off room with dehumidifier. Need to create dry air and that won't happen with windows or doors open. Will be just wasting electric.
With a fan open it up though, but maybe just the door or window. You just need to create air movement with a fan to dry it out

Thanks for your help, I’ve noticed that the floor is drying out quicker this way with RH in the room down to 55%. But then when I lock the room overnight, I return to 77% relative humidity. I can visibly see the floor looking dryer, but do you reckon this sort of thing takes weeks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back