Humidity of up to 80% in windowed (openable), unheated utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After putting washing to dry in the utility room with windows open, the humidity obviously went through the roof and the clothes took ages to dry.

Do I need an extractor fan, a dehumidifier, a couple of vents or heat to ensure that I don't get condensation/mould and to ensure the moisture dissipates quickly?

Sponsored Links
I adapted my utility room for the purpose, with lines, a fan, and a dehumidifier. Heat will help too, but with those running, the doors and windows do need to be closed - otherwise the dehumidifier would be trying to dry out the planet.

The idea is that low humidity air, blown across clothes, will dry them quite quickly.

You need high powered fan , a humidifier won’t cope with moisture produced quick enough .
Drying clothes indoors in not recommended .

If you are going to do all these things, maybe a tumble drier could be an option. Same unit washer + drier also works.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back