How to fill block paved step?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, so I'm currently extending our driveway and while doing so I want to put a step up into the house as it's quite high at the minute. Step will be about 12cm and I'll be staying under the DPM.

I'll be doing the edge of the step in a keykerb to match in with the new edge and will fix in place with a C20 mix. However, I'm unsure what to fill the centre of the step with. I want to replicate the herringbone effect that's already down so I'll have quite a few cuts to make, but these won't be done until the finishing touches.

So do I concrete/mortar the blocks down? Or do I fill with C20 leaving shy the depth of block and a bit more for some sand? Or something else completely?

Thanks

Edit: I've got a couple of bags of Blue Circle multipurpose concrete knocking about if they're any good?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back