How to fill (or cover up) a hole in a tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're in the process of doing repairs etc of our new home and one thing we need to repair is a hole left in a tile by the previous owner. They changed the showerhead in the shower cubicle and left a fairly big hole (and some smaller ones around it). Picture attached. I've watched some YouTube videos but this was for repairing smaller holes.

Any advice on how to deal with this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Take a look under the bath panel
When I do a kitchen or bathroom (diy) I stash any spares under the sink unit or bath
Belatedly, I finally had a chance to take the bath panel off (to fit bath/shower mixer taps) and, unfortunately, there weren't any spare tiles there.

I've ordered a chrome sink tap hole blanking plug. Hopefully, that along with a bit of silicone will do the trick.

Sponsored Links
a larger blanking plate from toolstation number 52552 might cover the lot - individual tap hole covers are only say 30mm to 40mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back