How to finish roof off with only a 150mm gap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently having a single story rear extension built. I live in a semi and my extension runs parallel to my neighbours flat roof extension for 3m of the 6m length. The height of my wall plate falls below the height of their flat roof. I'm just wondering what is the best way of finishing the roof off in such a confined space. What is the procedure for getting the facia, soffitts and guttering on when the gap is only 150mm space. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Build your wall further over.

Or with his written permission do box gutter like this:

Trying to do a traditional eaves in such a small gap is a bit of a non starter, you won't physically be able to fix any of the components together.

I'd go with the box gutter idea. I recently had a job where someone had done a similar thing between two roofs on some bungalows but had used bog standard 4" plastic guttering with one run just above the other. They did have a slightly wider gap of about 12" but it was a pretty poor job and water was getting into the cavity and running down the wall. The answer was a box gutter but it was a pain retro fitting it having to construct it outside and then lift it all into place.

I like the box guttering idea. Would you run the box gutter the full length of the 6m, fixing the last 3m to my side where I can have access or run the box guttering into a standard gutter for the last 3 m? Thanks

Sponsored Links
North west seamless guttering can do you a full length of ogee guttering, you could fix as normal on the end you can get to and put some straps on the end you can't then hang it down until you have the correct fall and nail the straps to your rafters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back