how to fit floow tiles in an 'un-square' porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

further to my other post in this section about flooring in my porch, i have aquired some ceramic effect floor tiles.

only trouble is the porch is not 'square'. The floow is wider nearer the front door and narrower at the internal door.

how do i go about cutting the sheets so that they fit the floor and look square. I am going to get some of the 'scotia' stuff for the edges to keep it tidy (not risking removing the skirtings os the plaster is not exactly the best!!)

many thanks

:D

Sponsored Links
Basically you can't. The pattern will run-off along one wall at least , possibly more.

the one wall is square as its the side wall of the garage. the outside wall of the porch is not bad but is definately out of square as its only a timber frame wall clad with uPVC. the pic below is exagerated greatly but you get the idea!!

is it possible for me to lay the floor like i have shown, and how would i go copying the angles onto the tiles accurately???

floor.jpg

cheers

george

Take a look at this site which seems to explain it all pretty well. There's loads of info like this on the Interweb so have a look around.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back