How to fix an acrylic splashback and what to use for edging?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lack of planning got ahead of me and we've just taken delivery of a 3m x 2m piece of coloured acrylic to be used as a splashback.

Think I've figured out how to template it and cut it, but how should I fix it to the wall? Also, I'll need some kind of edging for at least where it joins the (quartz) worktop.
I had been thinking acrylic or PVC glue but I think the glue bead is going to be quite obvious under the splashback.

Thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
So the splashback is actually translucent, rather than opaque, is it?
It looks like you will see any fixing medium if it is......would something like mirror screws be acceptable?
John :)

My lack of planning got ahead of me and we've just taken delivery of a 3m x 2m piece of coloured acrylic to be used as a splashback.

Think I've figured out how to template it and cut it, but how should I fix it to the wall? Also, I'll need some kind of edging for at least where it joins the (quartz) worktop.
I had been thinking acrylic or PVC glue but I think the glue bead is going to be quite obvious under the splashback.

Thoughts appreciated!
Not really suitable as a splashback, touch with any hot pan, kettle, toaster, etc and heat will destroy it, will scratch quickly with cleaning.
But if you must clear silicon around edges, assume there will be a few sockets in it somewhere so these will help keep it secure to wall.

kitchen or bathroom? - I'm assuming bathroom from the dimensions but if kitchen then can't it be used behind the hob.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, folks.

It's the kitchen but it's literally a splash back, behind a worktop containing a sink (no hob and nothing hotter than water).

Sounds like clear silicon is the way to go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back