can anyone suggest what type of splashback i can use ???????

11 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can anyone help???

I have a white high gloss kitchen with a black tiled floor and a black worktop i was going to go for a bright coloured glass splashback to go all the way round the kitchen walls but found that it would cost a LOT of money (£85 per 3m - without the wholes cut for plug sockets) so decided to go for percpex (£250 for the entire kitchen - without the wholes cut for plug sockets), but i read earlier that some people don't think that it would be a good idea as it dates quite easy with wear and tear.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts of the type of splashback that i could use or knows of a price guideline of a good price for that glass splash back that i ideally wanted.

or anyother ideas that i could do to make a statement but still make it modern and stylish?

Sponsored Links

we got a high gloss kitchen fitted last month!
black worktops like yourself, thought it would set it off with black glass splashbacks, £800 they cost us from homebase and couldnt get anyone to cut and fit them............according to the fitters the sockets are supposed to be cut out in the factory...........took them back and got tiles :rolleyes:
Shower panel, it's laminate on a 9mm ply and can be cut easily and is hard wearing.
Sponsored Links
whatabout glass tiles - they can look very nice if installed properly and no issues with fitting round sockets, etc as they can be cut like any other tile

you'll find glass tiles in a wide range of sizes/shape and just as many colours as glass panel splashbacks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local