Made a mistake!

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully not a disaster ...

Orders a made to measure glass splashback for my cooker, which has already been cut.
I measured from the kitchen worktop ... but cooker is shorter by 1.5cm. So I am going to have to had a 1.5cm gap between splash back and cooker hood. Not huge, but just above eye level so will be obvious.

What is the best way to resolve this, other than buying another splashback (this one cost £240, supposed to be a perfect fit!).

Wife says just leave it, not a problem. Hood is black metal - was thinking I could get a metal strip of some sort to run along the top. Any suggestions please?

IMG_20200725_131607414.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
can you raise the cooker - safely by 1.5cm , i assume you are getting a new free standing cooker, the one i had in last house gas cooker i raised so it was just above the worktop and able to slide saucepans etc off onto heat resistant plate, so didnt have to lift heavy pans up and over the gap

Weird how things turn out. Glass company contacted me to apologise, they accidentally cut the glad too long... 87cm, which is the height needed.

Just glued it on, among with a tile strip at the bottom which the cooker can hopefully rest on - it gives a tiny bit of protection from cooker too.

IMG_20200823_114518601.jpg

My cooker the builder cut the worktop to fit, and used a black aluminium moulding to finish it off, but at front where it needed to curve slightly filling it the black is missing, lucky my car is black and touch up paint worked fine.

not wanting to be a killjoy, isn’t there supposed to be a 5mm gap all around for expansion?

Hopefully it'll be OK!

Cooker finally installed. Been a long time coming.

118980219_10158810941813980_787022500520462111_o.jpg

Hope it's toughened glass! Seen many a cracked splash back caused by a kettle

Yeah, it should be a proper glass splashback

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back