DIY or Made to measure Glass panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently our complete Kitchen was renewed with reconstruction, new appliances and units etc.

Alongside the splash guard behind the Range Cooker, the walls are being splashed with grease marks etc on the emulsion.

So I want to fit clear glass sheets to the wall either side of the cooker splash panel, no heat is near-by just grease splashes because we like the 'at store mixed colour'.

Could I drill the glass with a diamond core drill and make cutouts for electrical wall sockets or has this has to be done by the supplier of the glass as they will made/cut to measure.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd really get a pro to do this for you - and once its done they'll temper the glass too.
Be sure to tell them where its to be used for!
John :)

Thanks

I've thought about this since and as you say let a pro do it, putting the onus on them.

Also I would want the edges ground for safety.

Could anyone give a ball part cost for two panels of approx 18"h x 30"w, with mounting holes in corners and edges ground. One panel would have a cutout for a Double and Single power socket on its bottom edge.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back