ebay Stoves Newhome dual fuel cooker -what have I done?

Update.
Seeboard chaps turned up on saturday night and looked at cable. Um'ed and ah'd for a while but were unable to give any useful information such as if moving the cable was in fact necessary or when it might be done.
Next day I woke up with "man-flu" and had to cancel picking up the "new" cooker etc. Spent day in bed asleep.
Often find I get ideas when I wake up. On waking from my sweaty flu induced hallucinations it occurred to me that if I encased the offending cable with a box that was needed anyway for the new bigger CU, it might solve some of the wiring problems.
New plans being made for picking up cooker; looks like friday or sat now.
ACSL

PS Now realise that incoming cable is only 240v not 415v as stated above whatever it might say on the main fuse(':oops:').

Sponsored Links
Electrician thinks the CU work might be ~£400 but was suggesting I ask the engineer whether we can have PME as opposed to TT (don't really know what these are). But apparently the above quote may be more for either because it also appears we have no electrical earth to either our CU or the Gas main.(':confused:')
well worth upgrading from a TT if you can. also the bonding to your gas and water main can be done yourself to save some money you could get it all set up ready for your electrician ready to connect up (you can actually connect it yourself but depending on whats there it may be better to have him do it)

Yes, they've given the rating for the gas hob in kW and the oven in watts.

Sponsored Links
(':oops:')
A "little" bit of knowledge can be dangerous,,,
what does that make "miniscule"???
ACSL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back