How to fix gap in upvc backdoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a upvc door which opens into my backyard. There is a gap between the black seal and the door, when the door is closed. On a windy day/night, I can feel the cold air coming through this gap and the entire room gets cold. Is there any way I can fix this?
I was thinking I buy a seal like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adhesive-Weather-Strip-Windows-Doors/dp/B002OHZX1S

I don't want to remove the black seal, coz I am not confident of replacing it with another one.
Can you advise if the above seal is ok or any other one anyone can suggest.

Much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, attached a couple of images. will attach one with the door closed tomorrow... didn't click that one.

Attachments

• 20200708_141259 (1).jpg
    20200708_141259 (1).jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20200708_141243 (1).jpg
    20200708_141243 (1).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 140
firstly , stupid question of the day BUT is that gap there when you engage the multipoint lock ( pull the handle up ? )

If not then there is no issue with the door . Compression is only achieved fully once the multipoint lock is engaged.

If it is , you may be able to adjust the multipoint lock ' keeps ' to pull the door in better

There may be adjustment for compression on the door hinges too .

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I've adjusted the keeps on the left side of the door, where the lever is. But the right side, where the hinges are on the outside, still allows a draft. I've shown in a picture attached.

Attachments

• 20200710_153720.jpg
    20200710_153720.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 116

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back