upvc door seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone seen any thicker door seals for a upvc door.

my door has a gap in the middle at the bottom like the frame has moved in the middle. i brought a new door seal set from screwfix but the middle of the door at the bottom still has a gap. we will get a new door eventually but would like a quick fix for now

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hundreds of different sizes and type available. Have a look on ebay you can get sample packs for 99p to test

thank you the one i brought from screwfix is 6mm thick and the part that fits in the gap is 5mm. the problem with the front door is the seal gap is so narrow i have to use a screwdriver to get it all in as it took ages.

the 8mm avaliable which would be perfect has a gap of 6mm and i dont think it will fit at all. the 4.1mm gap looks ideal but only gives me a 0.5mm increase which i dont think will make any difference

now if someone can find me a 8mm and 4.1 that would solve my problem lol

What type have you got. Maybe try a different type of gasket. Try searching for:
Flipper gasket
Bubble gasket
F shaped gasket

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back